Shrimp Scampi Pesto on Linguine
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb Linguine (your favorite)
- 11 oz Buitoni brand "Pesto with Basil"
- 1 1/2 lbs large Shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 cups fresh sliced Mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp melted Butter (or two, depending of you're listening or not, to your doctor)
- Garlic (it's tradition, absolutely...MINCED)
- 1 cup minced Parsley
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
Get your linguine into some boiling H2O and let it do its thing.
In a medium low hot frying pan, heat up the oil. Now, quickly toss in the butter, the garlic, and the parsley. Saute this for no more than 15 seconds, or so.
Here it is...plop in your scampi and fling in the mushrooms. Add in your sugar, salt and pepper and saute this whole batch for about 2 minutes, or so, or until you see the shrimp turning color (in other words, when they are no longer raw).
Time now to add in your pesto. Stir and blend everything together (this usually takes about another minute, or so). When the whole thing looks like a reunion made in heaven (and smells like it too), get it off the heat and into a large serving bowl. (To heck with it, skip the middleman and just serve right from the Cuisinart pan you've been using that your mother-in-law gave you as a wedding gift).
Serve on individual plates on top of the linguine. Expertly top with the chef's (that's you) choice of garnish.
Submitted by Lare Austin.