Alaska Sockeye Salmon Cobb Salad
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 6 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings
Green Goddess Dressing:
- 12 oz Mayonnaise
- 1 oz White Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Parsley, fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Onion, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Basil, fresh, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dill, fresh, roughly chopped
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper, fine
Roasted Sockeye Salmon:
- 4 lbs Sockeye Salmon Fillets, cut into 1-oz pieces
- 3 oz Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper, fine
- Puff Pastry
- 1 oz Green Goddess Dressing
- 3 oz Mesclun Mix
- 1 rectangle Flatbread
- 4 oz roasted Sockeye Salmon
- 1 oz Avocado, peeled, chopped
- 1 oz Bacon, cooked, chopped
- 1 oz Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 oz hardboiled Egg, cut in wedges
Green Goddess Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Process for 60 seconds, or until the herbs are finely chopped and well combined. Pour dressing into squeeze bottles and refrigerate.
Roasted Sockeye Salmon: Place salmon pieces in a stainless steel bowl. Add oil, salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat salmon. Space pieces apart on a sheet pan and roast salmon for 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145°F. Gently remove salmon from sheet pan to cool. Refrigerate.
Flatbread: Cut 8"x6" rectangle of puff pastry. Gently place puff pastry on parchment-lined sheet pan. Dock (poke holes in) pastry. Bake until golden brown.
Assembly: Assemble each fork and knife sandwich in this order: Brush flatbread with ½ oz. (about 1 Tbsp) Green Goddess Dressing. In a stainless steel bowl, toss Mesclun mix with remaining dressing to coat. Arrange dressed greens on flatbread. Arrange salmon pieces in a line in the center of the salad. Arrange remaining ingredients in lines on both sides of salmon.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)