Lime Chipotle-Roasted Alaska Snow Crab
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
Lime Chipotle Vinaigrette:
- 1 cup Rice Wine Vinegar or White Vinegar
- zest and juice from 5 Limes (1/2 cup fresh lime juice)
- 1 Tbsp minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- 1/2 cup Honey or Agave Nectar
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Chipotle Puree*
- 1 cup Cilantro, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups Canola or Olive Oil
- *canned Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce
- 4 lbs Alaska Snow Crab Clusters, frozen
- 1 cup (packed) chopped Cilantro
Vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients, except oil, in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and slowly drizzle in oil.
Crab: Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Snow Crab under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. Marinate crab in vinaigrette and chopped cilantro for 15 to 20 minutes, to allow flavor into shells & meat.
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Place crab on sheet tray and roast for 10 minutes, turning and basting every 4 minutes or so. Serve with Chipotle Corn Puree or Cauliflower Puree and grilled/roasted vegetables. Skip the butter!
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)