Alaska Sockeye Salmon in a Blanket
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8 oz. of Sockeye Salmon Fillets, cut in 1" x 3" pieces, about 1 oz. ea.*
- Canola Oil Spray, as needed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Honey Barbecue Sauce:
- 3-1/2 oz. mild Barbecue Sauce
- 1 oz. Ketchup
- 1/2 oz. Honey
Maple Syrup Mustard:
- 1 oz. Maple Syrup
- 2-1/2 oz. Yellow Mustard
- 1 x 8-oz. package of 8 crescent rolls or pizza dough
- Egg wash, as needed
- *Can also be made with Alaska Halibut or Cod.
Spray baking sheet with oil. Place Alaska salmon pieces on baking sheet and spray with oil. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Roast at 350°F for about 8 minutes. Cool.
1. Honey Barbecue Sauce: Whisk barbecue sauce, ketchup and honey together.
2. Maple Syrup Mustard: Whisk maple syrup and yellow mustard together.
1. Unwrap rolls and spread out in triangles. Brush 1/2 tsp of Honey Barbecue Sauce on each of the triangles. Place a strip of fish at the wide end of each triangle and roll up to enclose. Place point side down on the baking sheet.
2. Whisk egg and water together to make an egg wash. Brush the tops of the rolls with the egg wash. Bake at 350°F for 15-17 minutes.
3. Serve with Honey Barbecue Sauce, Maple Syrup Mustard, or other various prepared sauces.
Pizza Dough Variation:
1.Roll dough to a 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" square. Brush with 1/2 tsp Honey Barbecue Sauce, leaving 1/2" at the bottom edge. Brush bottom edge with water. Place fish on one end and roll up. Place seam side down on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for 15-17 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)