Alaska Salmon Greek-style Stuffed Pita Pockets
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: No cooking!
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/2 cup Greek or Italian Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh Oregano or 1 c dried Oregano
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1 lb Alaska Salmon, skinless & boneless, cooked & chunked
- 1 large ripe Tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup diced Red Onion
- 1/2 cup diced Cucumber
- 3/4 cup diced Red Bell Pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped Black Olives
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- 4 large pocketed Pitas
- 8 leaves green leaf Lettuce
- Tzatziki Sauce, purchased (optional)
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinaigrette, oregano and garlic. Add the drained salmon, tomato, onion, cucumber, bell pepper, olives and Feta cheese. Toss to combine and coat with dressing.
Cut pitas in half and insert a leaf of lettuce into each one. Divide salmon salad between pitas.
Cook's tip: The pitas can also be lightly grilled. Place the whole pitas on the hot grill and cook on each side for about 1 minute, or until light grill marks form and pitas are warmed.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)