- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Yield: 40 appetizers
- 8 oz Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese, cut into strips
- 40 large Shrimp, peeled, deveined and butterflied
- 20 slices Bacon, cut in half
Preheat the oven to 450°F degrees. Place a small piece of cheese into the butterflied opening of each shrimp. Wrap half of a slice of bacon around each one to conceal the cheese, securing with toothpicks. Place on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven, until bacon is browned.
Submitted by William Villarreal- Doe Run, MO