Alaska Black Cod "San Sebastian"
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Black Cod fillets (approx. 6 oz each)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cups Sofrito (see below)
- 1 1/2 cup Chicken Stock
- 1 cup Chorizo, medium diced
- 20 Littleneck Clams
- 1 cup cooked White Beans
- 3 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Black Pepper
- Fresh Herbs: chervil, lemon thyme, parsley
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 cup Yellow Onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup Red Pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup Tomato, finely chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
Sofrito: Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, red pepper, garlic and saute for 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add paprika, cayenne, tomato paste. Remove from heat and reserve.
Season fillets with salt and black pepper. Place 2 Tbsp oil in a medium skillet. Bring to medium/high heat and place black cod in skillet. Sear fish 1 minute on each side. Place skillet in a 400°F oven and roast for 7 minutes.
In a medium sauce pan, over moderate heat, place chicken stock, chorizo, Sofrito, and simmer for 5 minutes. Add clams and continue to cook until clams open. Add white beans. Remove from hear and stir in butter.
To serve, divide Sofrito broth among 4 large serving bowls. Top with fillets and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Garnish with fresh herbs.
Recipe courtesy of the Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute