Garlic Butter Alaska Spot Prawns with Basil and Tomato
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 - 6 servings
- 1/4 cup unsalted Butter
- 3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 lbs Alaska Spot Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup Tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup fresh Basil, roughly chopped
- Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
Melt butter with garlic in a small pan over medium-low heat, just until garlic begins to brown. Remove from heat.
Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. (Pat prawns dry with a paper towel.) Add prawns and cook, shaking pan back and forth to prevent sticking, until prawns begin to turn opaque, 1 to 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and basil, then the garlic butter; turn off heat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve with cooked pasta or grilled bread.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)