Stuffed Avocado with Alaska Crab
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- 4 Tbsp Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 cups cooked Alaska Crab Meat
- King, Snow, or Dungeness
- 3 Scallions, sliced, plus more for serving
- 4 Avocados, halved and pitted
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until smooth.
Fold in the Alaska crab meat and scallions. Use a spoon to scoop some of the flesh out of the avocados, leaving a larger cavity for stuffing.
Divide the crab mixture between the avocados and top with the cheddar cheese. Position a rack about 8 inches below the heating element and broil for 2-5 minutes, checking frequently, or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Top with extra scallions if desired and serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)