Asian-Style Dungeness Crab with Bok Choy
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Alaska Dungeness Crab Clusters, frozen
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 3 Tbsp Ponzu (soy-citrus) Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2-inch piece of fresh Ginger, peeled and cut in julienne strips
- 2 tsp chopped Garlic
- 1 head (1 pound) Bok Choy, trimmed and cut crosswise in thin slices
- 2 Green Onions, sliced diagonally
- 1 cup Cilantro Sprigs
Add broth, Ponzu sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger and garlic to large pot. Insert vegetable steamer or bamboo steamer. Add crab to steamer and bring broth to a boil. Cover and steam crab for 8 to 10 minutes.
Remove crab from pot; cover and keep warm. Remove steamer from pot; add bok choy to steamer broth. Cook and stir 3 to 5 minutes, until wilted.
To serve, ladle 1 cup bok choy and broth into a large shallow bowl. Top with a crab cluster, green onions and cilantro sprigs.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)