Scallops with Mushrooms in Shells
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 lb small or medium Scallops
- 1/2 cup Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Shallots, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup soft Bread Crumbs
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
Preheat the oven to 450°F degrees. Melt 1/4 cup of the butter in a small skillet and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring often, until the mushrooms are wilted and give up their liquid. Add the shallots and garlic and cook briefly.
Spoon the mushroom mixture into a mixing bowl. Let cool briefly, then add 2 Tbsp of the remaining butter, the scallops, bread crumbs, parsley and salt and pepper to taste. Blend well.
Use the mixture to fill 6 scallop shells. Arrange the filled shells on a baking dish or cookie sheet. Melt the rest of the butter and pour over the mixture in the shells. Place in the oven and bake 10 minutes, then broil about 1 minute until nicely browned on top.