Alaska Cod Surf Pizza
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 portions/pieces (about 1.75 oz. each) frozen breaded/battered Alaska Cod Fillets
- 2 to 3 Tbsp Avocado or Olive Oil
- 6 to 8 fresh Sage Leaves
- 12-inch par-baked Pizza Crust*
- 1-1/2 tsp dried Italian Seasoning, divided
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp Red Chili Flakes
- 1/4 cup thinly-sliced Red Onion
- 8 Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 4 oz. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Cook breaded/battered Alaska cod fillets according to manufacturer’s directions, reducing total baking time to 18 minutes. Break each fillet into 4 to 5 pieces.
Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat; add sage leaves and fry 30 to 60 seconds, just until crisp. Turn off heat; remove leaves from oil onto a plate. Place pizza crust onto a baking/sheet pan. Brush crust lightly with the warm oil. Sprinkle on garlic salt, chili flakes and 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning. Place cooked fish pieces on crust. Add red onion, fried sage, cheese, tomatoes and remaining Italian seasoning.
Bake in a 400°F convection (or 425°F conventional) oven for 12 to 14 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
*If using fresh pizza dough, form into a 12-inch crust; transfer to a spray-coated baking sheet/pan, then par-bake for 5 to 7 minutes before adding oil and toppings.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)