Alaska Snow Crab Tacos
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings (2 tacos each)
- 12 to 16 oz Alaska Snow Crab Meat (2 to 3 lbs of Alaska Snow Crab Legs)
- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp Lime Juice
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- 8 small (6 to 7-inch) Tortillas, warmed
- favorite Hot Sauce, if desired
Steam frozen snow crab legs in a large pot for 5 to 7 minutes, until heated through. When cool, use kitchen shears to cut the shells open and remove crab meat. Chop or shred meat.
Over an open flame (grill or cooktop), roast bell peppers until blackened. Cool slightly; rub off skin with a paper towel (or place in a paper bag for 5 minutes for skin to soften). Seed and thinly slice peppers.
Mix sour cream, cilantro and lime juice together in a small bowl; set aside.
To serve, divide red pepper strips, cheese and snow crab meat between tortillas. Top with 2 tablespoons sour cream mixture. Serve with your favorite hot sauce, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)