Spicy Alaska Black Cod in Lettuce Cups
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 7 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup yellow or white Miso
- 1 Tbsp Korean Chili Paste
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 lb Alaska Black Cod, cut in 2 oz portions
- 1 small Avocado, pitted, peeled & chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped English Cucumber
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Radish Halves
- 1/2 cup pickled Ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup bottled Asian-style Salad Dressing - preferably with wasabi and ginger
- 8 medium Iceberg Lettuce Leaves
- 1 to 1-1/4 cups cooked Quinoa
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
Preheat oven to 450°F. Blend miso, chili paste and honey; spread onto Alaska Black Cod portions. Place portions on a spray-coated, foil-lined baking sheet. Roast for 5 to 7 minutes, cooking just until fish is opaque throughout, and cod is a deep golden brown; cool slightly.
In a mixing bowl, combine avocado, quinoa, cucumber, radishes and ginger; pour on dressing. Toss to coat.
To serve, place about 1/3 cup vegetable/quinoa mixture into each lettuce leaf. Top with a black cod portion. Sprinkle on 1 tablespoon cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)