- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 8 - 12 servings
- 5 to 10 lb whole Salmon, cleaned
- 2 cups Mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Parsley, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- grated peel and juice of 1 Lemon
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) Butter or Margarine, melted
- 5 each Lemon and Orange slices
Prepare barbecue grill for cooking. Remove head from salmon, if desired. Place salmon on a double-thick piece of foil. Make sure foil is 3 or 4 inches larger than the salmon on all sides. Lightly sprinkle the salmon inside and out with salt and pepper to taste. Combine mushrooms, onion, parsley, cheese, lemon peel, and juice in a large bowl.
Stuff heavenly mixture into fish cavity. Then melt butter and pour over salmon. Top with lemon and orange slices. Cover with another double-thick piece of foil and seal completely. Place the wrapped salmon on the grill about 4 to 6 inches from coals. Turn after 30 minutes and cook 20 to 30 minutes longer. If cooking on smoke-type grill, open foil during last 10 minutes and close the grill cover so smoke flavor penetrates the salmon. Serve barbecue salmon center-table on a stylish serving platter. Garnish with lemon and lime wedges. Makes several delicious helpings.