Cedar Plank Grilled Alaska Salmon with Sweet Potatoes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Cedar Planks (large enough for salmon)
- 4 Alaska Salmon Fillets (4 to 6 oz. each)
- Olive Oil Spray
- 1 Tbsp fresh herb for salmon (Dill, Thyme, or Rosemary)
- Salt, to taste
- freshly cracked Black Pepper, to taste
- 4 large Sweet Potatoes, sliced into wedges
- 1/2 Tbsp ground Cumin
Soak cedar planks for 1 to 2 hours (or overnight) submerged in water. Remove and pat dry.
Heat grill to medium heat (400°F). Rinse any ice glaze from Alaska Salmon under cold running water; pat dry with a paper towel. Spray cedar planks and salmon with olive oil spray. Place salmon on planks; sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper. Place sweet potatoes in a bowl; spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cumin, salt and pepper, to taste. Toss to coat.
Place cedar planks with salmon, and potato wedges onto grill. Cover and cook about 3 to 4 minutes; turn wedges over and continue cooking until potatoes are soft and cooked. Keep warm. Cook salmon on planks 12 to 15 minutes, just until fish is opaque throughout.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)