Alaska King Crab Rio Española
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup Brandy (preferably Spanish)
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- 10 Garlic Cloves, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 1/2 Tbsp freshly cracked Peppercorn Medley (red, green and black peppercorns), to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp crushed Red Pepper Flakes, to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- 2 to 3 pounds King Crab Legs, thawed
- 1 cup large Spanish Olives, drained
- additional Parsley for garnish, if desired
- 1 loaf of warmed Sourdough Crusty Bread
Combine the first six ingredients in a large skillet or Dutch oven.
Cut crab legs into smaller sections with a large knife, if desired.
Add crab to the oil mixture and cover pan tightly. Over low heat, bring the crab to a slow simmer. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the crab over, add the olives, cover and continue to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the crab to rest, covered, until just warm, about 5 minutes.
Transfer crab & sauce to 4 large bowls equally, add several Spanish olives, and garnish with fresh herbs. Serve with artisan bread for dipping.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)