California Roll Deviled Eggs with King Crab
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 0 minutes
- Yield: 24 appetizers
- 1 dozen large Eggs, hard boiled
- 1/2 ripe Avocado
- 3 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp Wasabi Paste
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 4 oz Alaska King Crab Meat (about 1/2 cup)
- 24 thin slices of English Cucumber
- Nori Komi Furikake (sesame seed–seaweed sprinkle)
- 2 Tbsp Tobiko (flying fish roe)
Peel and halve eggs lengthwise and transfer yolks to a small bowl. Set egg white halves on a platter, cover, and refrigerate.
In a mixing bowl with paddle attachment, mix the avocado well, then add egg yolks and whip to a smooth consistency. Add mayonnaise, wasabi paste, and salt, and mix until smooth.
Spoon mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a plain or large star tip, then pipe mixture evenly into egg white halves. Top each egg half with a little crab meat, a cucumber slice, a sprinkle of furikake, and about 1/4 teaspoon tobiko.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)