Garlicky Linguine with Alaska King Crab & Creme Fraiche
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh or dry Linguine
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1/2 cup minced Shallots (3 to 4 shallots)
- 1 Tbsp minced Garlic (about 6 cloves)
- 1/2 cup dry White Wine
- 8 ounces Alaska King Crab Meat (from about 1 lb crab legs and claws)
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Crème Fraiche
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup chopped Parsley, plus more for garnish
Cook pasta according to directions. Reserve 1 cup pasta water.
While the pasta water is coming to a boil and the pasta is cooking, remove the crab meat from the shells. Cut or shred as needed to make bite-sized pieces.
Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. When the butter is melted, add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, until softened. Pour in the wine and simmer until reduced by half.
Add the crab meat, lower the heat, and toss so it is fully coated and warmed through. Remove from the heat.
Add the pasta and toss. Add the crème fraiche, salt, and enough pasta water to just loosen it slightly (just a few tablespoons should be plenty).
Add the parsley, toss, and taste for seasoning. Add more salt as needed.
Divide between four plates or shallow bowls and top with additional parsley for garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)