Alaska Halibut Tacos with Cucumber Salsa
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1 cup diced English Cucumber
- 1 Green Onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Grape Tomatoes, halved, if desired
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped fresh Fennel, if desired
- 1 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil, divided
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 4 Alaska Halibut Fillets (4 to 6 oz each)
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- 1 tsp dried Rosemary Leaves
- 4 medium (8 to 9-inch) Tortillas
- 1 cup (3 oz) crumbled Goat Cheese
In a small bowl, combine cucumbers, green onion, tomatoes and fennel. In separate small bowl, blend vinegar, 1 Tablespoon oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over cucumbers; set aside.
Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Halibut under cold water; pat dry with paper towel. Heat a heavy nonskick skillet over medium-high heat. Brush both sides of halibut with remaining oil. Place fillets in heated skillet and cook, uncovered, about 3 to 4 minutes, until browned. Shake pan occasionally to keep fish from sticking.
Turn fillets over and season with thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly and reduce heat to medium. Cook an additional 6 to 8 minutes for frozen halibut or 3 to 4 minutes for fresh/thawed fish. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout. Remove from heat and break into large chunks.
To serve, divide halibut among tortillas. Sprinkle on goat cheese and top with cucumber salsa.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)