Roasted Alaska Cod with Olive, Lemon, & Potato Salad
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- Cook time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 3 medium Yukon Potatoes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp chopped Garlic
- 1 Tbsp chopped Onion
- 2 Tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tsp smoked Paprika
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 8 each Green Olives, slivered, pits removed
- 10 each pitted Nicoise Olives, slivered
- 1 Tbsp fresh Marjoram, chopped rough
- 1 Tbsp fresh Parsley, chopped rough
- 4 (6 oz. each) Alaska Cod Fillets
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Canola or Vegetable Oil, for sautéing
Pre-heat oven to 425°F. Peel the potatoes and place them in a saucepot; cover with cold water. Boil for 5 minutes, turn off the heat and cool 10 minutes. Remove potatoes from liquid. Cut into 1/3-inch to 1/2-inch thick slices. Place potatoes on a spray-coated or oiled baking pan. Bake 10 minutes, or until cooked.
In a large pan, simmer the garlic and onion in olive oil for 4 minutes on medium heat or until fragrant. Stir in the sherry vinegar and paprika. Simmer for 1 minute; turn off heat. Add the potatoes, lemon, olives and herbs to the pan, toss lightly.
Season the cod fillets with salt and pepper. In sauté pan on medium-high heat, warm 2 to 3 tablespoons oil. Add cod and sauté until golden brown, about 4 minutes per side.
To serve, divide and portion potato salad onto 4 plates, top with cod and spoon any remaining sauce from the potato salad over the fillets.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)