Chu Chee Red Curry Alaska Scallops and Green Beans
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 to 4 servings
- 2 Tbsp Canola or Grapeseed Oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 cups Green Beans, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 Carrot, cut into bite-size pieces (1 cup)
- 1 can (13 oz.) Coconut Cream (unsweetened)
- 1 1/2 tsp Fish Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 small Red Bell Pepper, thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 Kaffir Lime Leaf*, thinly sliced, divided
- 8 to 10 wild Alaska Scallops
- Sea Salt & fresh ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Jasmine Rice, as needed
- 2 to 4 Lime wedges
- *Substitute 2 Thai basil leaves or 1 large basil leaf, if lime leaves are not available.
Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil and curry paste; cook, stirring constantly until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in green beans and carrot; cook 1 to 2 minutes. Add coconut cream, fish sauce, sugar, bell pepper, and half of kaffir lime; stir and cook 2 minutes. Pat scallops dry with paper towels.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet until hot. Add scallops in a single layer (don’t overcrowd the pan) and sear until golden brown on both sides. Place scallops and liquid into curry sauce and heat through. Serve over jasmine rice; season with salt and pepper and a squeeze of lime.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)