Fisherman's Crab on Spaghettini
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings
- 1/2 lb Dungeness Crab Meat
- 1/4 cup small Coldwater Shrimp (shelled)
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 3 Tbsp Fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup Sour Cream
- 1/4 cup Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp A-1 Steak Sauce
- A few drops of Liquid Hot-Pepper Sauce
- freshly ground Black Pepper, to taste
- 6 oz thin Spaghetti or Vermicelli, cooked al dente
Melt butter over low heat in a large iron frying pan (You must use an iron or all aluminum fry pan because of lighting the brandy on fire). Add crab and shrimp, and turn to coat with butter. Add brandy at edge of pan, and as soon as it warms, light it. Stir shellfish gently with brandy until flames die. Add sour cream, Hollandaise, Worcestershire, A-1, liquid hot pepper seasoning, parsley and a generous grinding of black pepper. Stir gently to mix and heat through.
Serve over hot spaghettini that has been placed on two warm serving plates. Grind on additional pepper. Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan.
Submitted by Gary Baughn.