Wild Alaska Sockeye Salmon Fricassee
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 4 Sockeye Salmon Fillets, 6 oz. each
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup Green Onion, chopped
- 1 cup White Wine
- 2 cups Chicken Stock
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup Roux, prepared
- 1 cup Cream
- 1-1/4 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 4 cups Egg Noodles, cooked, held warm
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 4 Tbsp flat leaf Parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Add olive oil to a hot sauté pan, then add both peppers and the green onion , salt and pepper, to taste, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
Deglaze pan with white wine, scraping the bits off the bottom of the pan, then add the chicken stock, cream, and Old Bay seasoning' bring to simmer, then let reduce by 1/4.
Add roux to simmering liquid and thicken until the sauce coats the back of a spoon.
Season the Sockeye salmon fillets with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the salmon to the simmering liquid and cover. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turn and cook until salmon is opaque throughout, about 3 to 4 minutes.
To serve, add butter to the hot noodles, toss to coat. Divide the noodles evenly on 4 serving plates. Top each plate with 1 piece of the salmon, divide the sauce evenly over each piece of salmon. Garnish each plate by sprinkling with chopped parsley.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)