Thank you for taking the time to access the FishEx.com Website (“Site”) operated by Fisherman’s Express, LLC. We respect your privacy and will always do our best to protect your personal information.
By visiting our Site directly or through another site, you accept the practices described in this Policy.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices on any website that is not managed by Fisherman’s Express, LLC. to which our Site links or that links to our Site.
Information Collection and Use
Information is collected from you in many ways on our Site. We collect your information so that we can help provide you with a fun, efficient, and beneficial shopping experience:
- Help make your shopping experience more efficient by only having to enter your information once.
- Help you quickly find the products and information that you need.
- Allow us to create the content that is relevant to you, our customer.
- Alert you to new products, promotions, and information that we offer.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
(a) Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of our Site or ordering products, you will be asked to complete an online account registration form. During registration, you will be prompted to provide to us certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, and credit card number. We may also ask you for your country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and our Site, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, your personal information may be used to contact you.
(b) Email Addresses. Several locations of our Site allow you to enter your email address for purposes including but not limited to: to request us to notify you of new products; to sign up for email newsletters and special offers; or to receive emailed gift certificates.
(c) Cookies and Other Technology. Like many sites, the Site employs cookies and web beacons (also known as clear GIF technology or “action tags”) to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize you and your access privileges, and track your Site usage.
- (ii) Web beacons assist in delivering cookies and help us determine whether a web page on the Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on the Site can function as a web beacon.
- (iii) We may use third-party advertising companies to help tailor site content to our users or to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies and web beacons to measure advertising effectiveness (such as which web pages are visited or what products are purchased and in what amount). Any information that these third parties collect via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any personal information collected by us.
- (iv) As an example, Facebook collects certain information via cookies and web beacons to determine which web pages are visited or what products are purchased. Please note that any information collected by Facebook via cookies and web beacons is not linked to any customer's personal information collected by us.
(d) Log Files. As is true of most web sites, our Site’s server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access our Site. We may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address, Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, internal marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet.)
(e) Age. We respect children’s privacy. We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from children under age 18. If you are under the age of 18, please do not submit any personal information to us, and rely on a parent or guardian to assist you.
Information Usage (Internal & External)
(a) Internal Use: We use your personal information to process your order and provide you with a personalized customer service experience. We may internally use your personal information to improve our content and layout, to improve our marketing efforts, and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to the Site. In order to facilitate such use and the other use described in this Section 2, we may share your information with affiliates under Fisherman’s Express, LLC’s control.
(b) Communications with You: We will use your personal information to communicate with you about the Site, your orders, and deliveries. Also, we may send you a confirmation email when you register with us. We may send you a service-related announcement on the rare occasions when it is necessary (for example, if we must temporarily delay shipping your package due to weather.) Also, you may submit your email address for reasons such as to request us to notify you of new products; or to sign up for email newsletters and special offers. If you submit your email address, we use it to deliver the information to you. We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails (see the opt out section, below, for more details). Because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders.
(c) External Use. We want to provide you with excellent service and to offer you a great personalized shopping experience. We do not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose your specific personal information or financial information to anyone other than to affiliates under Fisherman’s Express, LLC’s control, except that:
- (i) As do most Internet retailers, we sometimes use others to perform specific functions on our behalf. When we disclose information to these service providers, we disclose information to help them to perform their service. For example, in order to deliver products to you, we must share some information. We partner with third parties (such UPS and FedEx) to ship our products, ensure delivery, and so that we can obtain feedback, improve the quality of our service, and measure and improve the quality of the service of the third party. We provide our third-party shippers with some personally identifiable information such as your name, shipping address, email, and phone number.
- (ii) Similarly, to help you buy products and provide customer service to you, we must provide your credit card number to financial-services corporations such as credit-card processors and issuers. When we submit your credit card number for authorization, we use state-of-the-art data encryption to protect your information. (More on this below in Data Security.)
- (v) We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page, or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
Security Procedures & Information Protection
Our Site incorporates physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of your personal information, including Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) for all financial transactions through the Site. We use SSL encryption to protect your personal information online, and we also take several steps to protect your personal information in our facilities. Access to your personal information is restricted. Only employees who need access to your personal information to perform a specific job are granted access to your personal information. Finally, we rely on third-party service providers for the physical security of some of our computer hardware. When you visit our Site, you access servers that are kept in a secure physical environment contained behind an electronic firewall.
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing or telephoning your request to FishEx at firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-926-3474. Please do not email us your credit-card number or other sensitive information.
Offline Collection, Use, & Disclosure of Information
Updates to Our Policy
Effective May 10, 2012.