Alaska Crab Cake Louie Sandwiches
- Preparation Time: 2 hours
- Cook time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 24 sandwiches
- 4-1/2 cups Mayonnaise
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp Chili Sauce, Heinz® brand
- 3/4 cup Green Onions, minced
- 1-1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp cracked Black Pepper
- 24 Sesame Buns or Brioche Rolls, split
- 8 oz Butter, softened
- 72 breaded Alaska Crab Cakes, frozen (1 oz each)
- 48 Avocado wedges
- 48 Tomato slices
- 1 lb Iceberg Lettuce, shredded
Louie Sauce: To make Louie Sauce, in bowl, mix all ingredients to blend thoroughly. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before using. Makes about 6 cups.
For each sandwich, spread each cut side of 1 bun with 1 tsp butter; griddle until golden. Deep-fry or pan-fry 3 crab cakes until golden and cooked through. Spread each cut side of bun with 2 Tbsp Louie Sauce.
On bun bottom, 3 crab cakes, 2 avocado wedges, 2 tomato slices and 1 oz lettuce. Cover with bun top.
Recipe courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute (ASMI)