- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- Cook time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings
- 12 Clams, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 cup Onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove Garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 Egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned Bread Crumbs
- 1/8 tsp dried Oregano Leaves
- 1/3 cup seasoned dry Bread Crumbs
- 2 more Tbsp Butter or Margarine, melted
Remove clams from half shell and chop coarsely. Set clams and shells aside. In a microwaveable mixing bowl place 2 tablespoons butter. Heat on low in microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Add onion and garlic. Heat, uncovered, in microwave for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add egg, the 1/4 cup bread crumbs, chopped clams and oregano to mixture.
Spoon mixture into reserved shells. Place shells on baking pan. In a small bowl combine the 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs and the 2 tablespoons melted butter. Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on top of clam mixture. Bake clams in oven at 350°F for 25 minutes until golden brown.