Smoked Salmon Spirals
- Preparation Time: 3 hours, 25 minutes
- Cook time: No cooking!
- Yield: 20 appetizers
- 1 lb Smoked Salmon, thinly sliced
- 1 lb Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Rind, grated
- 3 Scallions, minced- including the green
- 3 Tbsp fresh Dill, minced
- 2 tsp Hungarian Sweet Paprika
- 8 Flour Tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 Tbsp Capers, drained
Beat together the cream cheese, lemon juice and rind, scallions, dill and paprika. When these ingredients are well mixed, stir in the capers. Spread each tortilla with one-eighth of the cream-cheese mixture, leaving a 1/4-inch margin. Cover the cream cheese with slices of smoked salmon. Roll up the tortillas tightly, pressing down hard as you roll. Wrap each rolled tortilla in plastic wrap. Chill at least 3 hours, not longer than 12. To serve, slice the rolls 1/2-inch thick. Reserve the uneven ends for private consumption. Arrange the slices on a serving dish and garnish each with a tiny dill sprig.